Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Kate Winslet Takes a Jab at Leonardo DiCaprio's Weight Gain Since 'Titanic'

dicaprio-winslet-uk-premiere-revolutionary-road-01 Kate Winslet might have struggled with her weight early in her career, but she's apparently content with how she looks nowadays. In fact, the Rose DeWitt Bukater of "Titanic" is comfortable enough with her body that she's joking she's aged better than her hunky co-star, Leonardo DiCaprio.

During an appearance on ITV's "Daybreak" to promote the 3-D release of "Titanic", the Oscar winner was asked how she and Leo have changed since landing their iconic roles in the James Cameron-directed 1997 movie. "We do look very different, we're older. Leo's 37, I'm 36 - we were 21 and 22 when we made that film," she responded before quipping, "You know, he's fatter now. I'm thinner."

Talking about her reaction watching the movie again 15 years after it first hit the cinemas, the ex-wife of director Sam Mendes said, "The second my face came on I was like, 'Oh my God, make it stop, switch it off, somebody make it stop, turn the sound down, is that what we looked like? Oh my God, look what I looked like and look what Leo looks like!' "

In a separate interview, Winslet is happier with the way she looks now. At the London premiere of "Titanic 3D", she admitted, "I prefer myself as a 36-year-old. It's really weird because when you're 21, you think, 'Oh God, when I'm 36, that's nearly 40, and I'll be really old and wrinkly by then.' Actually, I quite like the way I look. I feel OK about myself these days."

AceShowbiz

 
News Update Users